The CatEye Strada Smart Cycle Computer is a handlebar mounted unit that communicates with your smartphone via Bluetooth Smart Mirroring.
CatEye’s reasoning here is that if you already carry a powerful computer (i.e. a smartphone) when you cycle, you don’t need a 2nd cycle computer with intricate GPS processing capabilities.
How it works
Simply download the free CatEye Cycling App to your smartphone, and it’s set it up to relay GPS data from your phone to the handlebar-mounted Strada Smart head unit.
The advantages of this system include:
- The CatEye Strada Smart Computer is less expensive than similar quality GPS-enabled cycle computers.
- The CatEye Strada Smart mirrors the GPS data your smartphone computes when the phone screen is switched off, so it barely drains the phone’s battery as happens when you use the phone as a GPS with the screen switched on.
- Phone and messaging icons will appear on the Strada Smart unit – very useful when you’re expecting a call or text.
- The CatEye Strada Smart Computer is iOS and Android compatible (iPhone 4S and Android 4.3-up).
- Easy direct upload to Strava, CatEye Atlas and Training Peaks.
- It’s made by CatEye so you know the Strada Smart Computer is going to be dependable.
- Supplied with no-tools CatEye bar or stem-fitting Flextight bracket.
- Displays familiar Cat Eye Strada data –
- Current, max and average speed.
- Total and trip distance.
- Ride data is stored on the phone to review at your leisure, not on the CatEye Strada Smart Computer